Last updated December 22, 2021
1. Applicability of this Policy
This Policy applies to our services, concerning your use of Phi Labs’ site, currently located at https://philabs.xyz (the “Site”) and related services (collectively, the “Services”). If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not access or use the Services, Sites, or any other aspect of our business. By using the Site, you agree to this Policy.
2. What We Collect
When you interact with our Services, we may collect:
- Contact Information, such as your email address.
- Usage Data, such as user preferences and other data collected via cookies and similar technologies.
3. How We Use Information
We use your information in accordance with your instructions, and as required by applicable law. We may also use the information we collect for:
3.1 Providing Services and Features:
We may use the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain. And improve our products and Services. This includes using information to:
- Operate, maintain, customize, measure, and improve our Services, and manage our business;
- Create and update user accounts;
- Process transactions;
- Send information, including confirmations, notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- To create de-identified or aggregated data.
3.2 Research and Development:
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis, and product development to improve your experience. This helps us improve and enhance the safety and security of our Services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our Services for illegal or improper purposes and develop new features and products relating to our Services.
3.3 Legal and Regulatory Compliance:
We may verify your identity by comparing the personal information you provide against third-party databases and public records. We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of our Services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
4. How We Share & Disclose Information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- With Your Consent: For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- To Comply with Our Legal Obligations: We may share your information: (A) to cooperate with government investigations; (B) when we are compelled to do so by subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; (C) when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent harm to another person; (D) to report suspected illegal activity; or (E) to investigate violations of our User Agreement or any other applicable policies.
- With Services Provides: We may share your information with service providers who help facilitate business and compliance operations such as marketing and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- During a Change to Our Business: If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of our assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all of your information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data: We may share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
5. Data Retention
To view or update your information, contact us at email@example.com. We store your information throughout the life of your use of the website and retain your information for a minimum of five years to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes. If you cease using the website, we will neither use your information for any further purposes, nor sell or share your information with third parties, except as necessary to prevent fraud and assist law enforcement, as required by law, or in accordance with this Policy.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against unauthorized access or disclosure. No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot guarantee that your information, searches, or other communication will always remain secure.
7. Changes to this Policy
If we make any changes, we will change the Last Updated date above. We encourage you to review this Policy to stay informed. If we make material changes, we will provide additional notice, such as via the email specified in your account or through the Services or Sites.
8. Notice to California Residents:
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide this CCPA Notice to California residents to explain how we collect, use and share their personal information, and the rights and choices we offer California residents our handling of their personal information.
9. CCPA Scope and Exclusions:
This CCPA Notice apply only to California residents whose interactions with us are limited to:
- Visiting our consumer websites; and
- Signing up for email alerts.
This CCPA Notice does not apply to the personal information we collect, use or disclose about:
- Individuals who provide information to us to initiate or complete the process of trading on our platform; or
- Representatives of businesses that seek to obtain our products or services, or to provide products or services to us.
10. Privacy Practices:
The CCPA grants individuals the following rights:
- Information: You can request information about how we have collected, used and shared your personal information during the past 12 months. For details about the personal information, we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the What We Collect section of this Policy. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Information section of this Policy. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the How We Share and Disclose Information section of this Policy.
- Access: You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected or maintain about you.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. We will also respond to requests for information and access only to the extent we are able to associate with a reasonable effort the information we maintain with the identifying details you provide in your request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
11. How to Submit a Request
To request access to or deletion of personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Identity Verification
The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request to access or delete personal information before providing a substantive response to the request. We will ask you to verify your identity when you submit a request.
13. Authorized Agents
California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
14. Reasons We Can Share your Personal Information
We need to share users’ personal information to operate certain aspects of the Phi Labs website and our business. Below, whether we share your personal information, the reasons we share your personal information and whether you can limit this sharing:
- We share users’ personal information for our everyday business purposes, such as to process and match your orders and respond to court orders and legal investigations. You cannot limit our sharing of this information.
- We share users’ personal information for our marketing purposes, such as to offer our products and services to you. You cannot limit our sharing of this information.
- We do not share users’ personal information for joint marketing with financial companies.
- We do not share users’ personal information for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes.
- We do not share users’ personal information for our affiliates to market to you.
- We do not share users’ personal information for nonaffiliates to market to you.
15. How Does Phi Labs Protect My Personal Information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
16. Why Can’t I Limit All Sharing?
Applicable laws give you the right to limit only (1) sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes, (2) affiliates from using your information to market to you, and (3) share for nonaffiliates to market to you. We do not share any information to any of those parties for those reasons; thus, you may not limit sharing of information.
As used in this Additional Disclosures section, “affiliates” refer to companies related by common ownership or control; “nonaffiliates” refer to companies no related by common ownership or control; and “joint marketing” refers to a formal agreement between non affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
17. Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or if you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe. You may contact us at email@example.com.